Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics
Our orthodontists correct improper alignment of the teeth and jaws, which is important for overall health. We offer interceptive orthodontics for children starting from a young age, ensuring that jaws develop properly and protects against tooth loss and gum disease. We use the latest orthopaedic appliances, braces and Inman Aligners.
The Inman Aligner is the perfect solution for crowding or protrusion of the front teeth. It is really fast, very safe and great value compared to other systems. With the patented Inman Aligner, your front teeth can be gently guided to an ideal position in a matter of weeks.
How does it work?
The Inman Aligner has Nickel Titanium coil springs that power two aligner bows that gently oppose each other, guiding the teeth into their new position. These gentle forces are active over a very large range of movement, which is why the Inman Aligner works so quickly.
The image below shows the squeeze effect of the two aligner bows on the front teeth. The inner bow pushes forwards, while the outer bow pulls back on the front teeth.
How long is the treatment with the Inman Aligner?
Most cases are completed within 6-18 weeks. Kaleen Family Dental Surgery’s Certified Inman Aligner dentist, Dr. Henny Purba, will give you a realistic guide of what to expect.
What’s involved in Treatment with the Inman Aligner?
- Dr. Henny Purba will determine if Inman Aligner is suitable for you.
- Impressions are needed so that the lab can fabricate your custom made Inman Aligner.
- Initial fitting of the Aligner.
- Wear the Aligner 16-20 hours a day
- Regular Inman checks every 2-3 weeks.
- As with other orthodontic treatment, after treatment is completed with the Inman Aligner, retention is recommended for life to prevent relapse. Retention can come in the form of a lingually bonded retainer or an Essix retainer.
For more information on Inman Aligner, please visit www.inmanaligner.com.
The Myobrace System is a no-braces approach to straightening your child’s teeth and jaws.
Treatment uses myofunctional orthodontic techniques to address the poor oral habits (known as myofunctional habits) that are the real, underlying causes of crooked teeth and uses light, intermittent forces to align the teeth. Orthodontists and Dentists around the world have practiced Myofunctional orthodontic techniques for over 50 years.
This is done through the use of a series of removable dental appliances that are worn for just 1-2 hours each day and overnight while sleeping.
Daily use of the Myobrace combined with regular activities (to improve breathing, muscle function and tongue posture) results in straighter teeth and improved function, leading to optimal facial development and a healthier smile.
The best age to do an orthodontic assessment and begin treatment is when the patient is growing and the first permanent teeth appear, usually between 6 to 10 years old.
The Myobrace Treatment Process
- Consultation and assessment – the Myobrace System will be discussed by Dr. Henny Purba and she’ll be able to answer all your questions about the treatment. Once you understand the process and are ready to proceed, photographs, x-rays and study impressions will be taken to assess your needs.
- Treatment plan discussion – on your second visit, Dr. Henny Purba will discuss her treatment plan specially designed for you. It will include the timeframe, Myobrace appliance to be used and treatment cost.
- Receive your Myobrace appliance – either on your second or third visit, you will receive your first Myobrace appliance and at the same timestart with the Myobrace Exercises and Training Activities.
- Regular appointments with Dr. Henny Purba – for best results, it is essential to wear your Myobrace appliance everyday, follow your treatment plan and see Dr. Henny Purba for regular check-ups.
If you think your child is suffering from poor oral habits and crooked teeth, call Kaleen Family Dental Surgery and book an appointment today.
Go to www.myobrace.com for more details.